“Supporting students; serving communities”
Canada Summer Jobs is a Government of Canada initiative that provides funding to help employers create summer job opportunities for students. It is designed to focus on local priorities while helping both students and their communities.
About the Canada Summer Jobs program
Canada Summer Jobs:
- provides work experiences for students;
- supports organizations, including those that provide important community services; and
- recognizes that local circumstances and community needs and priorities vary widely.
The application period for Canada Summer Jobs 2011 will be from February 1 to February 28, 2011.
The criteria to assess the proposals focuses on:
- service to local communities;
- jobs that support local priorities;
- jobs that provide career-related experience or early work experience;
- jobs with a salary that contributes to the student’s income;
- employers who provide supervision and mentoring;
- project activities that are directed toward members of, and support the vitality of, an official language minority community; and
- employers who intend to hire priority students (students with disabilities, Aboriginal students and students who are members of visible minority groups).
Canada Summer Jobs Applicant Guide
To support employers, the Canada Summer Jobs Applicant Guide will be made available on February 1, 2011. It offers information on eligibility requirements, assessment criteria and the rating scale.
Where to find more information